Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Kia Sportage 2015
Kia Sportage 2015

2610 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-04 23:39:15

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    WorWilly
    2016-08-01 07:05:19

Hi guys, I'm having some troubles with the MD802 scanner not recognising this car ? It scans for the VIN, and displays the VIN but says it's unrecognisable do I want to scan again ?

If I go through to Asian Cars, then select Kia, Sportage it discovers the VIN, I save it but on next load up of the scan tool I have to rescan as the save is not there ?

It also reports there are no problems with the Sportage but the airbag light is on and I know the crash data is stored in there ? I need to clear the crash data before resetting the airbag light as on next start up it will read the stored data and turn the light back on ...

Does the MD802 work on a Kia Sportage 2015 model ?

Also is it able to clear the crash data and turn off the red airbag light ?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-01 12:50:26 (Reply to:WorWilly)

I think you can drive it to a designated Car Fax Center that might be able to clear out the crash information in the SRS module with their  Maxi Sys Pro  if it is possible without buying a new replacement SRS module, but the information that is on crash modules becomes public domain and then the Sportage $16,000 resale drops to less than $6000 after you bring it to an inspection center to get a rebuilt title before you can plate it again.LMAO.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    WorWilly
    2016-08-02 18:09:52 (Reply to:witsend)
     The crash data is nothing more than the drivers airbag going off as I forgot to dissconect the negative on the battery ! but i've now got the red airbag light on. I've turned it off before but it just keeps comming back on as the stored data tells it so when you start the car ?

I was sold the MD802 and they give a guarentee that it would remove the crash data and turn off the airbag light but I'm finding it cant even recognise the car let alone remove the data and turn off the airbag light ....  Very disapointed with the support ?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-04 23:39:15 (Reply to:WorWilly)

the name says it all, the air bag module stores the data of the crash, deployment. a data that needs to be erase in order for the system to work again. this is not done by obd2 connection in most cases, special equipment is needed and its mostly by reading and erasing or viginizing the eeprom. if you live in usa you can send it to( myairbag.com ) usually 50 usd to clear the crash data. once the crash data is clear then you can check/diagnose the system for further damage like bad seatbelt buckles shock sensor etc. without clearing this data the system will keep showing deployment and  as a result  a disable system. you will most likely be disappointed by almost every tool when it comes to clearing crash data. good luck.
  Total1 Pages